Friday, 31 October 2008

31 October 2008  Singapore
Now been here 2 weeks longer than expected but to be honest, I'm quite enjoying just chilling out having gone full pelt at Asia without a proper break first.  Been around China Town and Clarke Quay, visiting the odd museum but getting more involved in the international culture. Quite an eye openener actually.  Rudeness prevails in EVERY culture I'm afraid folks.  Went on the Night Safari last night around Singapore Zoo would you believe and really enjoyed it.  At least the animals don't talk back  (so far!!)
Have booked my flight to Sydney next Thursday 6th November returning 10th December to Singapore.  Have also been introduced to a few of Linda and Stephen's friends and have 2 new contacts for New Zealand so am hoping to get a flight across there before coming back.  In fact, without going into too much detail, there could be a business opportunity there for me.  I'll tell more once I've been.  Right now, concentrating on getting Emma off to Malaysia (hopefully this time without any problems).  Rugby Sevens here this weekend at Singapore Cricket Ground.  Last saw them 9 years ago so am looking forward to this weekend.  Have my Isle of Mull shirt and sevens T shirt with me.  Bring on the Guinness!!
Will try and download more pics but Linda's computer is an Applemac and I'm still adjusting to the weird configurations.  Look forward to any comments guys,  good or bad!

2 comments:

DOUG said...

Whit's the business opportunity Big Yin !
Sponsored Guinness swallying ???
Doug

Carolyn said...

Glad you are geting some down time. This opportunity has me curious lol. I hope Emma enjoys her next placement better and you have a great time in Oz - go tie some kangaroos (down)....

cyaa soon
lota luv
xxxxxxxxx